Phlebotomy Training in Lorton, VA
Phlebotomists draw blood for tests, transfusions, research, and blood donations. They work mainly in hospitals, medical labs, diagnostic labs, blood donor centers, and doctor offices. Most significant of all, though, employment of phlebotomists is projected to grow 27% from 2012 to 2022, much faster than the average for all occupations.
Almost all employers look for phlebotomists who have earned professional certification. The Metropolitan Institute of Health & Technology offers phlebotomy training in Lorton & Sterling, VA, that can help you acquire the essential skills expected of phlebotomists. Below are some of the abilities you’ll gain in our phlebotomy courses:
- Draw Blood From Patients & Blood Donors
- Talk With Patients & Donors to Calm Nerves Before Blood Drawings
- Verify Patient or Donor Identity to Ensure Proper Labeling
- Label Blood Drawn for Testing or Processing
- Enter Patient Information into Onsite Databases
- Assemble & Maintain Medical Supplies, including Needles, Blood Tubes, Alcohol Wipes, & Gauze
- Properly Dispose of Biohazard Waste as Outlined by OSHA
Contact us today to request additional information about our phlebotomy training program. We offer dynamic educational programs at our institute in Lorton and Sterling, Virginia.