CompTIA A+ Training in Lorton, VA
Employment of computer support specialists is projected to grow 12% from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations. More support services will be needed as organizations upgrade their computer equipment and software.
IT success stories start with CompTIA A+ certification. It validates understanding of the most common hardware and software technologies in business and certifies the skills necessary to support complex IT infrastructures. CompTIA A+ is a powerful credential that helps computer support specialists ignite their IT careers.
CompTIA A+ 2019 is the industry standard for establishing a career in IT. CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers. They support today’s core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today’s digital world.
- The only credential with performance-based items to prove pros can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks in the moment
- Trusted by employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management & technical support roles
- Regularly re-invented by IT experts to ensure that it validates core skills and abilities demanded in the workplace
The CompTIA A+ Core Series requires candidates to pass two exams: Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002) covering the following new content:
- Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals
- Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
- Support basic IT infrastructure and networking
- Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
- Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
9 skills that you master and validate with CompTIA A+
Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components and devices
Install and support Windows OS including command line & client support. Understand Mac OS, Linux and mobile OS
Troubleshoot PC and mobile device issues including application security support
Explain types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI and SOHO
HARDWARE & NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTING
Troubleshoot device and network issues
Identify and protect against security vulnerabilities for devices and their network connections
Install & configure laptops and other mobile devices
VIRTUALIZATION & CLOUD COMPUTING
Compare & contrast cloud computing concepts &set up client-side virtualization
Follow best practices for safety, environmental impacts, and communication and professionalism
Companies that use A+
Intel, RICHOH, NISSAN, BlueCross BlueShield, Hewlet Packard, DELL
Jobs that use A+
Service Desk Analyst
Data Support Technician
Help Desk Tech
Desktop Support Administrator
Technical Support Specialist
End User Computing Technician
Field Service Technician
Help Desk Technician
Associate Network Engineer
System Support Specialist
Held by over a million IT professionals worldwide, CompTIA A+ is the most essential certification for establishing an IT career. If you’re new to the industry, this will help you put your best foot forward. And if you’re already an IT professional, the Metropolitan Institute of Health & Technology’s CompTIA A+ training program in Lorton, VA, validates your skills and can boost your career.
Contact our admissions department to learn how you can start in our CompTIA A+ training program. We offer dynamic educational programs at our institute in Lorton, Virginia.